Friday, January 18, 2013

Disney U Day!


Today's activities...well let's see...

consisted of me boarding a rockin' charter bus and making my way to Disney University! That's right people I got the chance to attend the school for first timers and of course for cast members! <3 that's right babes I am officially an official Disney Cast Member! not an employee...no...I am a Cast Member!

Officially working for the big man himself Mickey Mouse. Who is just a wonderful boss! :heart:

Lol today was pretty fun full of laughs, tears, and moments that make it seem as though I am living a dream that I do not wish to wake up from!

It was a simple process we lined up in groups according to what was written on the back of our handbooks and we began entering the classroom. We got the chance to tell them our names via attendance, and I had the chance to shorten my name out so people can easily remember it. :giggle: and makes it so I am not always hearing my full name which is a mouthful to a lot of people.

Anyway then while we were in class we discussed a lot of things that I am not allowed to tell you guys as it is of course part of my agreement with Disney but that we have four "keys" to remember. But I cannot tell you guys again and I am so sorry about that.

The next thing we did was of course the tour of the Magic Kingdom...which of course... I ended up holding back my urge to cry because it was in fact the place where Walt Disney World started before the other parks were created. And what luck we got to see the 3PM parade well the end of it and I was squeeing.

I felt like a princess walking down Main Street USA! I wanted nothing more than to break out of my professional shell and just you know run down the street while singing A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes, that the whole park would stop and stare. :lol:

Anyway when we returned to Disney U, I sort of was getting a little bit on the annoyed side because I hadn't seen or even heard from Mickey. So I was like ok...if I don't see him today I'll just go hunt him down myself and we'll talk.

But of course my thoughts were overwhelmed by a trivia game of "Who can name the most Disney Characters" and my team won because I used my special technique of naming all of Ariel's sisters and the 100 Arce Woods gang. :lol: I have a Minnie Mouse figurine who is just so delightful!

So right after the game we began discussing more things for being a cast member and wouldn't you know it? A knock at the door sounded and they opened the door to reveal...
Mickey!
That's right Mickey Mouse was at the door holding a red box full of our name tags! he stayed and played a few games with us, and I can tell you first hand he is really a nice boss. Chillin' with the little people. And my reaction of course was... "OH MY GOD IT'S MICKEY!!!!"  and I had to hold back myself from bawling like a baby because I was so happy and yet realized that I finally met the one mouse who made my childhood dreams awesome along with the fact that without him (or Oswald) we wouldn't have anything Disney.

Anyway when Mickey left (sad face T__T) we settled in and watched the video of various properties and companies Disney owned. That's right they're ballin' more than a basketball player.

And finally the moment that everyone in the room waited for was here...we got our nametags! w00t! They are so awesome! I am an official member of the Walt Disney Company family. Holla!


I am gonna rock my name tag with pride and make sure everyone knows that Disney is and always will be the place to be!

Hee that's my update for you guys! I am so happy!


No comments:

Post a Comment