Thursday, January 17, 2013

Another Magical Day


a.k.a. Another day waking up in Disney Housing...

So my apartment is ironically the one they're doing renovations on outside today and it was ever so lovely waking up to hammering this morning.  I am really surprised that I am up early again today, then again not that surprised as I have to get used to it today. Anway tomorrow is gonna be one of the busy days due to the fact that I have to attend my first step on my way to becoming a full fledged Disney Cast Member (yay for fancy titles!) I have a class called Disney Traditions that will introduce newbies to the company, show them around the park that started it all a.k.a. The Magic Kingdom, and of course there has been talk of a surprise after it's all over. I am not sure what it is but I am really excited about it.

So tomorrow will be all day in a skirt and ballet flats, carrying a professional purse (a.k.a. my pixie purse; a small purse that is easy and light weight.)

Last night was interesting because no matter what anyone tells you, the Florida Walmarts are all different from the ones in Michigan, they're bigger, more organized and a lot of the items you need to find are in different places, the only things that are in the same area are the swimsuits and things. (I gotta buy a swim cap this week to keep my hair safe.)  Anyway I am probably gonna spend my day off today hanging around my apartment and maybe trying to catch up with things online that I've missed or forgotten about all week.

I can try to tell you guys a bit about my week, you're in for a long post, so I am so sorry in advance about how long it is and how much stuff I am going to tell...if you guys want I can take it to Facebook though many people here on DA don't have my Facebook page info and I don't give it out unless it's to close DA Friends (people I've known for over a year.)

So on Tuesday I woke up at 4:30 AM to get to the airport which of course was already crowded for various things such as Baggage Claim,  Security Checks, and  People at the gates preparing to leave on their flights. So anyway, I got through security right at 5AM and I sat down waiting for my Plane to be ready to board right at 5:30 AM EST. I did talk to :devg2emily: and :devsam20: while waiting via my Ipod Touch. So that killed a few minutes off my time of waiting. Anyway they began calling the flight from FNT to ORD and I board the plane, luckuly my seat wasn't near the window the first time and I slept though the plane's travels to the next connecting flight. It was on those small planes that you see on TV that head to various destinations.
Anywho! I arrived at ORD which is where my main flight to MCO was and I had to rush through the airport because my flight was late arriving...
Believe me I was carrying a laptop case and my backpack (purse) through the airport and arrived at the gate which wasn't boarding but as soon as I sat down, they called for boarding and I boarded the plane. It was a night 2 hour flight, I tried connecting to wifi on the plane but they didn't have it >.< So that's why I didn't get to talk to anyone and I did sleep after giving up an hour after trying.

So the plane touched down in Orlando at 10:30 AM...which was early and I went through the airport to baggage claim which was in the other terminal so I had to take a monorail to the main terminal, which was epic! I saw so many trees, lakes, and various cars. lol of course in the main terminal there were many stores that sold things, I saw some Harry Potter things including the awesome Quidditch jearsies and the Hogwarts robes. XDD but anyway I did see a lot of Disney Stores that sold a heck of lot of things that were awesome. Anyway I got downstairs to baggage claim grabbed my suitcase which was the first one on the carousel and I headed to the ground floor where I had to catch a shuttle to the check in point which was at Vista Way Apartments.

The shuttle driver was so awesome and a fellow DCPer was riding with us as well to the check in spot. Going through Orlando from the airport was epic because of how many sights you've seen through the area. And I so didn't know it was so watery and full of vegetation. there were many signs advertising a lot of theme parks lining the sides of the road, and there are millions of resorts and attractions just throughout the city. Anyway we arrived at Vista Way a little after 11 and we placed our luggage in the area in which was where things had to be placed so people could go to their new apartments or to casting.

anyway once we got into the area for apartment assignments the first thing you have to do is tell them your name and then you move onto the next station which is a small round table where you get the rules, regulations and apartment assignments explained to you. There are two apartment unit types here at the program.

The non-wellness is for people 21 and over who wish to have alcohol in their room, however anyone underage cannot live in this apartment or drink alcohol. If anyone who is under aged is caught drinking or is in the apartment when the people are drinking it is automatic termination from the program for everyone who lives in said apartment. This of course means you cannot get second chances.

The wellness apartments are people who are under 21 and people who do not drink (which is where i am. ^^) Anyway! these apartments have the same policy but alcohol is not allowed period in the apartment. This means if you're caught, automatic termination.

Ok that's been explained about the different apartment types so onto the next part of my adventure. So getting done with the rules and regulations. we moved onto the next table where you had to fill out a form for apartment housing and move onto into the Vista Way club house which is where you received your apartment assignment or requested to be in the apartment. Since I got there a little late I had to choices in apartments which luckuly for me were one of the two I wanted. Ironically enough I chose Patterson Court which is the quietest and most epic place!

However for those of you who don't know about the apartments I shall explain it to you.
Vista Way is one of the oldest buildings it was here since the program began in the late 80s. A lot of people have told me that it was the party dorm and well I opted out of that as I am not much of a party person and I need a quiet place to study.

Chatham Square is the second apartments where I hear it's quiet and people are generally friendly, it's near the Disney cast members hangout where it's open to Cast members only so that means no one outside the Disney family is allowed entry. Anyway Chatham Square is really nice and I love how it's set up like an old fashioned colonial setting. Many people tend to choose this if they don't want Vista Way so it fills up fast. This also has a fountain in front of the sign so it's fancy!

Patterson Court (w00t w00t! repprin the court!) is a newer place, it is a huge complex with nice gates and the whole area is nice with lots of various flowers planted and the rooms are really big. Anyway! This place is really great and many people tend to choose here after Chatham and the people who are in Chatham and Patterson know each other pretty quickly because they live right across the street from one another. It's interesting as we use the same transportation system. This is where I live in the first building on the first floor so yeah I am close to the pool, mailboxes, and laundry rooms.

The Commons is where all international students live, people from various parts of the world, Japan, China, Thailand, England, France, ect. Where you can meet everyone from around the world, it's down the street from Chatham and Patterson Court so of course we know each other as well and it's home to the orientation center where the housing meetings are always held.  this one has the highest price of rent.

Ok that's explanation of apartments. So anyway I moved in to the apartment on the same day and met my roomies well one of them as I had to run back out after sitting my things down so I could get back to Vista Way to board the bus for Casting. The driver of the luggage bus (note: A charter bus that takes everyone to their apartments) was really nice in waiting for me to finish dropping my things off and heading off to Vista Way again. And I got the chance to learn of the various places I could go to shop for essentials.

I can't tell you much about casting except that it is a long process and we had to sign a lot of forms. But from the pictures I posted I can tell you it's like really stepping into a Disney movie and you'll enjoy how awesome it is. There is also a tip I have to give you all...on Check in day don't try to go looking all cute and things. Jeans, T-shirts and tennis shoes are the best to wear, it's a lot of walking, and standing. Not to mention in the Florida heat it's not so nice.

Yesterday was the housing meeting at 3:00PM sharp, so after I left the Florida Mall after buying some ballet flats because I left my maryjane flats at home. I arrived at the Commons where it was a huge line up of people but I was grateful to be the last one there because I met a lot of interesting people in line and it first started out as a conversation about wifi in the apartments and how to fix the broken connections. lol and swapping stories of where we were from and how the weather was. lol I met some Southerners who had me laughing my ass off because the guy from Miami was really hot and he was telling me how people in Florida love it when it's 70 degrees because that's cool to them. Then I met someone rocking a Vampire Knight Shirt and carrying an FMA bag! She was epic and she's part of an anime convention group who are just epic. she was telling me about the various things to do anime con wise and we swapped stories of our experiences at anime cons and showed off our anime swag (I had on my Sailor Moon lanyard because my apartment key was on it and my ID is in the plastic tag thingy.)

So the housing meeting started on time and it was fun and informative with people who were running it telling us about the dos and don'ts on Disney's property. If you're only in the program to fool around and act like you have no sense don't even bother applying because working for the Mouse is serious business. You can have fun but don't act like you're a fool.  the world of Disney is not all sunshine and rainbows believe me, the rules are there for safety and to ensure it stays magical.

Anyway! during the meeting we got to see the montage of various events, it was awesome because there are balls (fancy dance parties.), Sporting events, trips to various places, Grocery Bingo (lol it's funny.), The end of the program celebration, and the Night Of Stars (Which I am gonna audition for once I finish learning Natsu Dayo Honey!!!). The whole program's components are built to have a lasting relationship from Disney. One of the reps had been there since the 1990s and is still working for the company. She was epically awesome and has told us about how to stay with the company via Professional internships with the other branches of the company. ^^

The adventure has begun for me and I'll tell all of you that it was interesting learning the bus routes (bringing a car next time.) and I have found a lot of places to shop which are awesome but don't go crazy on the grocery shopping because if you don't live in Vista way, Commons, or Chatham it is a pain to lug it back from the bus stop to your apartment unless you ask the security officers to let you use a grocery cart thingy that people use for shopping. It comes in handy.

And today is one of my two last day offs, I have Saturday and Sunday to spend my time to do as I please before I begin training on Monday and attend the introduction to Hollywood Studios on Tuesday. I am really excited and nervous but I am in a good place of work... ^^ I am between Indiana Jones and Star Wars Star Tours, I am in the restaurant known as the Backlot Express and oh my god I am so excited to see what it looks like.

And also the CPs run the park! that's right we run the parks! So yeah, that's all for now, I'll try to post more about it once I get a lot more done and post pictures.

I am still on my quest to meet my boss so you know,   I am gonna try to find Mickey on Friday and thank him personally. ^^

Oh pictures!











No comments:

Post a Comment