Sunday, February 3, 2013

Best Day EVER!


Anyway sorry for the super late update, I was talking with my roommate today about crazy stuff and laughing at things that we noticed while watching the Super Bowl. (If you want to know please note me what the thing is because I cannot repeat it here as it's a bit in bad taste.)

My work day was pretty pleasant today as we didn't get many people to come in for eats today. It was really slow but fun as myself and my co-workers were being all bad ass and standing behind the counters like some bosses.

But my day began in the most wonderful way! I woke up early for once had the chance to take my time to ensure that everything was ready for today's tasks including collecting my costumes to be taken to to costuming so I could get more costumes and a jacket (It gets cold in the evenings.) and also because of the fact that I like the blue aprons, they're much more nicer colors than red.

Anyway when I clocked in I had no idea what position I had to take til I asked the coordinator and he wasn't sure either but of course I asked for to work the counter again (second day in a row) and he granted it to me. ^^ I am happy because it's a blast and things get done a lot faster with more people working the counter even though the kitchen people are slow on certain days but it's all good.

Anyway there were a lot of people who had birthdays and one anniversary in which we got the chance to use the phone lines reserved for these events.

So afterwards it was a slow day, you know not that many people came in and I saw an elderly couple who were having trouble reading the large menu board. The people who were supposed to give out miniature versions of the menus weren't paying attention, I took it upon myself to go around the counter and hand them a smaller menu.

It helped them a lot and the second coordinator today told me that I was doing a great job with the guests and keeping them entertained. So it made me smile and apparently I got to clock out early because it was so slow so I had the chance to really take my time to go take care of some things i needed to do.

Anyway as I was leaving I was called into the manager's office and one of the managers told me I had did something that no one in all their time working at Disney has ever done at the restaurant...
To leave my assigned position to help a guest by handing them a menu so they could see it better.

And I got a special award for it, sort of following the 4 keys of Disney Castmemberness (Is that even a real word? If not oh well!) And that made my day.

I will tell you, all you people who wish to partake in working for Disney World or Disneyland, please take it upon yourself to go to that extra mile to help or make someone's day magical.

^^ It was nice today! The Best Day EVER!

No comments:

Post a Comment