Monday, February 4, 2013

A day that went from worse to good

A day that went from worse to good, 

Today's work day started off badly because the bus that takes all cast members to the park was an hour late and well I got assigned to a job I really detest on certain days but today was ok since I happen to have made it more fun because of the fact I was armed with Mickey Stickers and celebration buttons.

Anyway today was fun I handed out a lot of celebration buttons that were for the very first visit to Disney World. And I was like ok today won't be so bad as I can give out buttons that signify a once in a lifetime opportunity that many children won't get to experience. 

Today was a good day because I did something to brighten the day of so many people.

However around 2:57PM I was walking outside taking care of my duties when I saw a little kid fall off this high stool he was sitting on, and immediately I rushed over and helped him up.

I was like "Are you alright?" and of course he told me he was ok and sat back down waiting for the Pixar Party Parade to start. So I began striking up a conversation with him and his family which made them all laugh and smile. It started out with me noting he was wearing a Lightening McQueen Shirt (whom is my second fave Cars character aside from Mater.) and I began telling him of the fact that me and Lightening McQueen drive around together a lot and we are good buddies.

Of course it was fun because he laughed and began asking me all kinds of questions like "Were you driving in the Stunt Action Show with him?" Of course I had to say no which made him giggle.

Then I began telling him and his sister this fun little backstory (every cast member has a backstory for their roles they can use when interacting with guests as long as it follows Disney's guidelines.) about how I was the Princess of Neverland and how I fought Captain Hook to earn a Hook pin (which was on the lanyard I was wearing today) and how I helped Peter Pan all the time fight Pirates along with appointing Jake The Neverland pirate to helping out to protect the kingdom.

their eyes lit up as I told then the story and they asked me questions about why I was out in the open rather than hiding and why I had to fight Captain Hook when I was a "Princess". So I told them that I was blending in with regular people to escape life inside the palace and that I liked sword fighting and fighting pirates.

It was so fun because when the parade began I of course told them to say hello to my Pixar Pals. :giggle:

So yeah I had a bad day earlier but it was brightened because I made some kids smile and because that's my job as a cast member even if I have a bad day I leave it outside the gates at Disney World and put on my A-game.

No comments:

Post a Comment