Friday, February 15, 2013

Workin' It At The Backlot


My work day was...well a littl interesting today, What happened to make it interesting?

Well when I got there and clocked in, well I entered the building of my work location with my Ipod headphones blaring Flo Rida Sugar which is one of my fave songs and of course I was having fun singing along with it and you know getting in the zone so I can be prepared for my day.

Anyway when I clocked in and saw where I was working Counter Jedi Side 1 which is my fave position I ended up going into my epic cast member mode and being all friendly and having a blast.

Then of course I went to the kitchen as they needed me to make the salads and I was having a fun and making 10 salads at once like a boss. It was majorly fun and best of all I ended up having a partner who was like doing the second type of salad and we were the best team because we didn't take a whole hour to make em as other people do.

So then I was called out work the counter again and well...let's just say I set foot out there and nearly screamed. I am like uh...what the fuck man?! Where the hell did these people come from?

All I heard were the dreaded two words i thought I'd never hear...Tour Group...That's right a fricken tour group of 100 people came to our restaurant...they fricken invaded us like aliens. You know me being me was pretty much just get this done and don't worry about how many people it is.

However they weren't rude or impatient...No...it was the Americans...that's right the American guests were rude as fuck...I mean WTF?! Do you know how many times I had to run and grab a manager because I was so close to you know snapping and telling them off. This one dude was a pain in the ass because I soo wanted to kick his ass...I mean he was so impatient like a child or something...My only one time it would've been a snap fest in Hollywood Studios...So you know my managers are my saving grace because they know that if I need their help I'd run and grab em because I happen to have no control over my mouth half the time if I get annoyed.

Oh and the tour group had a second wave of people...I was busy grabbing cups for the beverages and well...there were over 20 smashed cups because of how freaked out I got... I mean I was like "If more people show up I am gonna scream!"

I did of course scream when I got to the break room because it was overwhelming.

However Thank God for Pixar's Countdown to Fun Parade at 3:00PM. I was so happy to see the parade because it meant the tourists would leave and go watch it and we'd have the chance to re-cooperate from the battle.

So I went back to my post after lunch and started working again, I began to snap into my happy go lucky yet flirty castmember mode when I play around while doing orders.

There was this one dude who was just so funny, cause he and I were chatting and when his order was ready and I bought it over to him, he had a colored tray a.k.a. the Magic Tray where you get a free dessert.

So you know the convo went like this

Me:Yo dude you got a magic tray!
Guy: Awesome! *he's about to leave*
Me: You get a free dessert.
Guy: Awesome!
Me: Pound it!
Guy: *fist pounds with me*
Me: So you have your choice of desserts, Cheesecake, Strawberry Shortcake, Chocolate Mousse, or a cupcake
Guy: Chessecake
Me: You sure? If I catch you back up here trying to exchange for a cupcake...
Guy: *laughs* you know me so well! I'll take the cupcake
Me: Good choice.

 Yeah basically I was having fun with my job today, I put my entertainment skills to good use and made it fun. Whether it be calling out for people get their swag on in the kitchen or chatting up with the guests making them laugh. It was a lot of fun for me.

Oh good news! my feet are A-ok and used to working this job!  So it makes me happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment